Title I is the nation’s largest federal assistance program for schools. The goal of Title I is to help every child get a high-quality education. The amount of funding is based on the number of students who qualify for free and reduced-price lunch. All Title I services and programming are supplemental to the regular classroom instruction and programs.
How Title 1 Helps the Children
Title I schools work to:
- Identify students most in need of educational help.
- Set goals for improvement.
- Measure student progress using standards set in the state’s Title I plan.
- Develop programs that add to regular classroom instruction.
- Involve parents in all aspects of the program.
Title 1 Schools
- Elloree Elementary School
- Holly Hill Elementary School
- Holly Hill-Roberts Middle School
- St. James-Gaillard Elementary School
- Vance-Providence Elementary School